Monday, 28 April 2014

Kentish Baby the beginning.....

So my website is up and running, I can't believe it.  I didn't think this day would ever come and so quickly too!.  It's amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it and team that with something you feel passionately about and like magic you have a winning combination!
The idea of selling teething necklaces came about during a recent holiday to South Africa to visit family.  It was all going well until my son Harrison started teething in a big way.  What a nightmare especially when you are so far from home, it was no fun at all.  Out of desperation I decided to order a teething necklace online from a website I had found in a baby magazine. It was done on a whim really but at that point I was so desperate I would have tried anything to bring back my calm, happy, smiley boy. The necklace arrived a few days later and I can remember handing it to my son in his buggy at the Post Office. It practically camped out in his mouth for the next week until we finally had some pearly whites to show for the miserable time we had before the necklace arrived.
I was so impressed with the outcome and just loved the funky bright colours that the necklaces came in, that I decided I wanted to sell them in the UK. They were not only trendy for mums to wear but they had this hidden secret - babies could chew them too!  What a bonus! I don't think anyone would have noticed that they were made out of silicone because they looked nothing like any teething necklace I had seen before.
That was the beginning of my little business venture right there in my home town in the middle of nowhere. I couldn't wait to get back to the UK to get cracking on my idea. I really hope that I can add more fashionable teething jewellery to aid mums with a secret weapon to tackle those painful gums in a trendy way!.






No comments: